Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I tried the steps, which are quite basic btw, and it didn't work. The font on my HP 27es is very blurry causing eye sight problems.

I'm connecting the HP 27es to my Macbook Pro 15 inch, 2017 model via HDMI. There are tons of threads out there where support is lacking for the SAME problem.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@mham_

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I read that you have connected an external HP 27es 27-inch Display monitor and there are display quality issues when the monitor is conencted to your MacBook. 

Do you have another computer where this monitor can be connected and this way we can check the performance? 

Meanwhile, please refer to this HP document that helps in fixing display quality issues. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Yes it works fine on other computers and your HP document doesn't list any solutions pertaining to my problem

HP Recommended

@mham_

Glad to hear from you.

Good to know that the HP monitor has a proper display when connected to other computers. This confirms that the monitor is fine.

I did some further research and came across this Apple document which helps to fix display issues on external monitors when connected to a Mac computer. 

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

I appreciate you looking into this @MKazi, but the thing is I have done exhaustive amounts of research on both sides with nothing helping. I was hoping as an HP employee you'd have more of an internal resource with HP devs to resolve this problem.

HP Recommended

I appreciate you looking into this @MKazi, but the thing is I have done exhaustive amounts of research on both sides with nothing helping. I was hoping as an HP employee you'd have more of an internal resource with HP devs to resolve this problem.

HP Recommended

@mham_

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

HP Recommended

Was there a solution to this issue @mham_ @MKazi, I have the exact same problem?

Mac book Pro 13" and HP 27es.

HP Recommended
Nope. Sold off the pos to a Windows user and told myself to never ever buy HP products because their support absolutely sucks.
HP Recommended

I wish the Windows user luck.  I have windows and I wear glasses.  Someone recently informed me that my text was blurry on my HP 27er and I had no idea because I always have on reading glasses.  Then it dawned on me that as large as this monitor is, I shouldn't need reading glasses, so maybe the text is not as clear as it should be.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.