Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 32 Gb RAM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a C usb hdmi converter. The converter works fine on another HP laptop: I am able to extend the laptop screen on an external monitor. I just bought a new HP Envy and I tried the same converrete, but the monitor does not come on at all. The HDMI output of the Envy works correctly but the C usb does not. Is this a defective desktop? Please advise. 

OS: I saw other similar posts regarding the HP desktop and laptop 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

NO Pc told full model nor product ID#

no 2nd PC that works same model nor iD told.

all must be USB_C rated and driver correct loaded.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

OS: I saw other similar posts regarding the HP desktop and laptop

sure you did vast PC made that do not do this at all.

learn that PC come with VAST options new,  those codes you did not tell , shows what those are.

like for sure the product ID.# codes.   nnnnnnABA# or the like.

as built's I call them.

mostly what mobo is insides some models have 25 or more mobo used world wide or more. 

envy 32 means near zero, in fact.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Model HP EnvyTE01-1177c

HP Recommended

I hope to provide you the solution for this very annoying problem!!! I

Before proceeding check  if from the specs of your laptop it is possible to connect an external monitor through the type c port (it should be written DispalyPort on the thunderbolt usb-c properties). If so, and you already tried to update several drivers but still nothing happens, I hope to have the solution. I spent almost 3months to fix the isssue after several attempts performed under the supervision of the HP support. You can find the solution in this post I wrote today to be helpful to the HP community: External monitor not working with thunderbolt connector.

Basically you need to change from 0 to 1 an entry of the register file. Keep me posted if that solution works fine! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.