Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-In-One - 24-R114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I own a HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r114 that I currently use as an external monitor for my work laptop, which is connected via the all in one's HDMI in port. My laptop is a HP  Elitebook x360 1030 G3 and it's running through an HP Thunderbolt docking station.

I'm wondering if there's a way to access and use the All-in-One's built in webcam for Teams and Zoom meetings that I'm running on my work laptop, instead of using the Laptop's built in webcam (the laptop is set up off to the side of the main monitor and I would prefer to use the straight on view from the All-in-One's camera for meetings).

Unfortunately, when using the All in One as a monitor via the HDMI in port, it's built in webcam is not showing up as an option within the device menus on the meeting platform or as a camera device in the Device Manager list. Strangely enough, I can use the AIO's speakers as an audio input/output when connected via HDMI in, but I cannot find the camera driver.

Is the webcam driver even accessible when using the All-in-One as a monitor via HDMI? Thank you for any help with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
I say maybe a mistake, but with an HDMI cable, indeed, as you noticed it, one can have not only the image, but also the audio.
having said that, I was not sure if it worked with this type of product / connection!
But you cannot have access to all devices including the webcam
If not the choice, I would advise you to buy a webcam, connected by usb to the laptop, that you can place where you prefer!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
I say maybe a mistake, but with an HDMI cable, indeed, as you noticed it, one can have not only the image, but also the audio.
having said that, I was not sure if it worked with this type of product / connection!
But you cannot have access to all devices including the webcam
If not the choice, I would advise you to buy a webcam, connected by usb to the laptop, that you can place where you prefer!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you, Promethee. I'll check out external webcam options.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.