Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer installed an update last night. As it has done several times in the past, it apparently re-enabled adaptive display again, and now my screen keeps dimming. As a graphic design artist, this is a pretty big issue. This has happened several times in the past, and I have always been able to either disable the adaptive display setting or fix it through the intel graphics control panel. These are the only 2 options you can find when you google the problem. 

This time, I can't do that. "Adaptive display" no longer appears to be something I can enable/disable. I've tried every tutorial there is and everything I've been able to do in the past - it's never there as an option, it's always missing from the list of options it SHOULD be in. The other option has always been to go through intel, except it will no longer let me launch the control panel. It keeps telling me I have to get a newer DCH driver if I want to use it. Problem is, I can't install a new DCH driver - I get the error that my driver can't be updated. I even tried going through Intel Driver & Support System - it did install 3 things, but none of them were about this or affected it. 

I've been fighting with this for hours now and I'm so stressed out. I don't understand why the solutions that have always worked, no longer work, or why this update somehow enabled adaptive brightness but also removed it as an option to disable? 

Someone, please help. My screen getting dim when I'm attempting to do my work is causing quite the issue already. 😞

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@slour86 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Since you've done everything else that we would normally suggest, please backup all your personal data into external storage and then perform a system reset using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here for steps,

This shouldn't normally affect your files, it would, however, reset the driver/settings to factory defaults, once done, you should be able to use the adaptive display and the intel graphics control panel,

if it doesn't work, please update the same and the BIOS from the HP website: Click here to find and install the same.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.