Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2009m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well so basically here's the problem. I have this desktop screen for about 3 years I'd have to say, and now its saying check video cable of course I checked it its fine its basically a brand new cable i switched it out for a vga to hdmi and it still says check video cable now. I've noticed when I unplug the video cable it flashes red white green and blue I can't get to the settings or anything. I've tried unplugging and holding the button for 5 to 15 seconds still nothing and also instead of the power light being its normal blue color its orange like as if its shut off I get a split second to view my computer screen everything runs fine but then it shuts back down and tells me to check the cable again.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@VinChan Does it work with an alternate monitor? If yes, Did you check if the resolution is too high for the monitor?

did you try reducing the resolution and check if it works fine with the HP monitor without the issue? If not, please do try.

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Messages display on the monitor when the computer starts, shuts down, or enters suspend mode. Some messages that can display are:

• Going to Sleep
  • No input signal
  • No signal detected
  • Signal Out of Range
  • Sync Out of Range
  • Cable disconnected
  • Check cable connection
  • Warning-PC entering power save mode

... or similar.

These messages are normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off). However, if the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong.

If you suspect the monitor should be displaying an image from the PC instead of the message, use one of the following sections that match how the monitor behaves after the computer is powered on:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You might want to check your video driver. It could be corrupt or out of date so to speak.  I had a similar problem on mine where it kept saying no signal. Out of curiosity I updated my driver and all was fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.