Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP X27q QHD Gaming Monitor
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi
I have been the owner of a 27" HP monitor for 3 weeks now it is the model x27q.
I like to have my screen as bright as possible which is the reason why I have chosen "CustomRGB" under the Color-settings.
However after some time (and very often after I have shut down my PC and started it again) it will automatically change to "Gaming Mode", even though I haven´t changed anything or pressed any of the buttons on the backside of the monitor.
I have tried to investigate if there are any power-settings in the screen-menu I have to change or if I have to change settings in the software for my graphics card. However, if that is the case, I don´t know what to change. My GPU is a NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 (Asus).
The HP-monitor is connected to the PC via Displayport and I have 2 other monitors connected to my PC (both are connected via HDMI).
How can I avoid that my color-settings will frequently change from "CUstomRGB" to "Gaming mode", because it is quite annoying that I have to manually change it all the time.
Thanks in advance for your help!

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Really.....no replies??

HP Recommended

@HOS-DK

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Could you please share the picture of the CustomRGB settings screen?

To change and save your monitor settings using OMEN Gaming hub, use the following procedure.

Connect your monitor to your computer and any other video source devices.

From the Start menu, search for and open OMEN Gaming Hub.

NOTE: If you do not have OMEN Gaming Hub installed, you can download the app from the Microsoft Store. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nqdw009t0t5 (in English).

Open OMEN Gaming Hub from the Start menu

In OMEN Gaming Hub, select the monitor that you want to change settings for in the MY GEAR section.

Selecting the monitor from the My Gear section

Select Settings.

On the Settings tab, adust the monitor settings.

NOTE: Setting options vary depending on your device.

Adjusting monitor settings in the Settings tab

To save the settings, click Apply.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the comment. However, even though I can change the color settings in OMEN Gaming Hub and make them permanent so they are not changing, it seems I can not "recreate" exactly the same color-/brightness settings in OMEN Gaming Hub as I can in the on-screen-menu when using the buttons on the monitor

HP Recommended

May I know what exactly you get while doing it? Do you get any error messages related to it?

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply,

I will try to explain my "challenges".

Due to different circumstances and the things I am mainly using my HP-monitor for, I need the screen to be as bright as possible.

Before I installed OMEN Gaming Hub, in order to change color-settings, I would press the upper-button on the backside of my monitor, go into the on-screen-menu under "Color". I would then choose "Custom RGB" and I would set R + G + B to the highest values possible. No problems so far.

Sometimes I would then experience on the next start up of my PC (that could be the following day) that the screen was less bright than the day before. Sometimes this automatic change would also happen without any PC restart, where I suddenly experienced that my monitor had turned less bright. If I then entered the On-screen-menu by clicking the buttons on the backside of the monitor again, I would see, how the settings under the "Color"-settings had changed automatically from "Custom RGB" to "Gaming". I had NOT pressed any buttons or changed anything by myself, it is something that happens automatically.

I have now installed OMEN Gaming Hub. And YES I can change the color settings in OMEN and it does NOT change back automatically. However, in Omen Gaming Hub I cannot recreate the same level of brightness as I can do manually by using the buttons on the backside of the monitor. Maybe I haven´t done it right - but if I use OMEN gaming hub and put the brightness and contrast etc. on "MAX" - i won´t get the same level of brightness as I can when using the On-screen-menu and choosing "Custom RGB" and putting R+G+B on MAX. It seems in OMEN Gaming hub I can only change "Brightness" and "Contrast" but I can not manually change R+G+B - and that leaves me with less brightness etc. if I use Omen Gaming Hub compared to using the monitor on-screen menu-settings.

Basically this currently leaves me with 2 options, that I am not 100% satisfied with: 

Either:

1) I change the color-settings manually by pressing the Monitor-buttons and choosing "Custom RGB" putting the brightness etc. to MAX and I then have to accept that 1 or 2 times every day the screen will  automatically after some time change back to the color-setting "GAMING" where the screen turns LESS bright and I once more have to enter the on-screen-monitor-menu to change it

or: 

2) I use the Omen Gaming Hub and change the color-settings to max. - and it won´t change back automatically - but the downside is that I have to accept that I can not recreate the same level of brightness in the OMEN-menu as I can by changing the RGB-settings manually in the on-screen-menu on the monitor

So to answer the question: NO - I don´t get any error messages, but I am stuck between:
1) Accepting that the manual settings i make in the on-screen-menu on the monitor very frequently change back to "Gaming" (less bright) and

2) Using the OMEN Gamin Hub to change colors where the system won´t constantly change color level - but where I don´t get the possibility to get the monitor as bright as I want and as bright as I can make it by changing it manually.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, I have exactly the same issue. Would you mind sharing your solution here in the forum?

Regards,

larsinka 

HP Recommended

Hi @Larsinka

Welcome to the HP Support Community. We want to help you with it. 

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, is there anyway to sort it out?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.