Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since installing Windows 10 (approximately eight months ago), my Hewlett-Packard Pavilion HPE causes the  display monitor to "black-out" in one second intervals; when the monitor "blacks-out," the condition is accompanied by an eerie "beeping-and-bonging" sound. At times, the Hewlett-Packard Pavilion HPE desktop computer will make a SERIES of "beeps-and-bongs"; however, when it makes the series of "beeps-and-bongs," it will not "black-out" the monitor. It is NOT a cyclical condition: in other words, the described condition is very unpredictable.  Additionally, there is NO rhyme-nor-reason to the symptom’s predictability.

At times the described condition will happen 5-6 times per hour; at other times, it will NOT happen for several hours. But, I can just about guarantee that if the computer is left in the “ON “position, it will eventually happen. During the time I typed the previous sentence, the computer made two (2) series of “beeps-and-bongs.”

Not only is this condition incredibly annoying and frustrating, but I’m concerned that it is a symptom of a much, much more insidious “root-cause” condition, and that this computer will eventually have a catastrophic failure. And, yes, I do have all my data, etc. backed-up.

I know that this condition is NOT being caused by the monitor, since I purchased a brand new Samsung 27 Inch Curved Screen Monitor just two weeks ago. I made this monitor purchase after spending countless hours researching and diagnosing this technical concern.  

After connecting the Samsung 27 Inch Curved Screen Monitor, the same eerie, weird condition I previously described continued, unabated.

I've already installed the updated drivers for the system's video card.

So, I'm making a very educated guess that it must be an internal computer problem.

Based upon the type of technical problem I'm experiencing, it's just about impossible to troubleshoot / diagnose it with a Virtual Assistant. No offense, but I really do need to explain my technical problem to a live human being—and , preferably, a qualified Technical Support Engineer or Technical Support Technician.

I've never really been able to solve a technical concern by "talking" to a Virtual Assistant.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
a series of beeps indicates a hardware problem, more or less important
The computer must be tested with the minimum of components.
Unfortunately we cannot identify the problem every time
You can read the documents here,

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c02222922

and compare with the series of beeps

If the computer is equipped with two memory modules, test one then the other (if the computer works with only one module, the other is damaged, for example)
If you have a graphics card, remove it and connect screen to motherboard directly, it works damaged graphics card

Unfortunately, we can not test for the processor, there could be a problem with it, unless you identify the error code
otherwise it could be a problem with the motherboard

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.