Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23 AIO -d284
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. ..I  hope that all of you are well. 

I've  just been approved for Telecommuting and I need to add a  monitor to my Envy 23 AIO -d284

IT informed me that my ancient  PC only has HDMO In and that it would  be difficult to add a second monitor. I'm here to ask for your help.

Thank you In advance and stay healthy 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Unk2009
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• First, you'll need a USB Video Adapter (available in VGA, HDMI, and DisplayPort outputs).
  • Connect your computer to the USB Video Adapter.
  • Depending on the inputs available on your second monitor, connect it to the USB to Video Adapter with a VGA, HDMI or Display Port cable.

Click here:  to know https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641829 more about Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

Step 1

• Right-click on your home screen
  • Open display settings
  • Once you’re on the display tab, use the rectangular graphics of the two monitors to arrange them to correspond to how they’re set up on your desk

Step 2

• Choose the primary PC you’ll be working from and arrange them in the same spatial order as they appear in front of you so your mouse movements intuitively carry over from one screen to the next
  • Select the drop-down menu under the "Multiple Displays" section
  • Select "Extend These Displays.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.