Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP AIO 24-E080NA

I need to add an additional monitor to extend the screen of my HP all in one but im unsure how to connect the 2 monitors and what leads i need to purchase? I have just purchased a HP ultraslim monitor to go alongside my all in one, how will i connect these together, do i just need a HDMI cable or HDMI to VGA? i am unsure of what i need and how to do it.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

windows 10?

first off what screen modes are you going to use?

that AIO has just one HDMI port OUT.

so you need to buy monitor that as the extended HDMI in to HDMI out to 2nd monitor

there are options on monitors sold,  ive no idea what monitor that is,  it has full model and model number code that tell what is there, totally.

I presume wide canvas mode not echo mode I call it.

w10 must show extend and both monitors.

as you can see that AIO has only one HDMI port and is not  a real desktop I can put in 100s of differnet GPU card there mine has 4 ports, now. DP DP,HDMI and DVI.  not AIO fake desktops.

here is what you do no have (DP), this is expanded Daisy changed monitors.

NOTE: Daisy chaining using DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (MST) is only supported with DisplayPo...

• echo mode is easy with buffer box (ask) both show same presentation.
  • but canvas mode (I like this name)(really split screen mode)
  • real desktops , sky is the limit , real they are, and X16 slot that runs anything  you want.
  • last is new PC with DP, and expanding ports. 1 in , & one out to 2nd MON.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I unfortunately have no clue what you mean, i am not tech savvy at all, yes the AIO only has a hdmi out so what do i need in order to extend the screen to the second monitor? Its all very confusing !

HP Recommended

hi

@K8nicholls 

" I have just purchased a HP ultraslim monitor"

"just give the exact model of the screen purchased ...

HP 24-e080na All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications

your computer is this one ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HP 27fw with Audio 68.58 cm (27" ) Ultraslim Full-HD IPS Monitor This is the monitor i have ordered from HP today, yes that looks like my device. This is the back of my AIO.

67E3F581-FE73-4DE3-8AE9-FBC4C14AD34E.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.