Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp Touchsmart 520 all in one pc. I’m trying to connect a second monitor that is a hp Compaq la2306x. I have a cable that has a display port on one end and a HDMI on the other. I have the HDMI end plugged into the all in one computer and the display port plugged into the monitor.  With this setup, the computer isn’t recognizing the 2nd monitor. Any ideas???

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

There a many Touchsmart 520 all in one's.  That line has used that name for many years.  Not all AIO's have a HDMI out port.  Please provide the complete model number for better help.  IE:  HP TouchSmart 520-1030 Desktop PC

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

It’s a 520-1070

HP Recommended

HP Touchsmart 520-1070 pc

HP Recommended

The support page for that model indicates the Right side HDMI port is for HDMI in

2020-06-10 10_42_18-Window.jpg

The easiest way to connect a second monitor is to use a USB to HDMI/DVI/VGA adapter similar to this.  Since your PC USB 2.0 and 3.0,

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-1920x1080-Chromebook/dp/B004AIJE9G

there is also a USB 3.0 adapter

USB 3.0

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-2048x1152-1920x1080/dp/B00A2E1MQA

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info...I got an usb to HDMI multi monitor adapter. J5 create brand. I still can’t get the second monitor to work. I tried plugging the usb into both the 2.0 and 3.0 ports. Restarting after each time. It still won’t detect my second monitor?  Any additional ideas??

HP Recommended

Perhaps explain this in more detail.  The original post says "I have the HDMI end plugged into the all in one computer and the display port plugged into the monitor."  Are you still using that approach? And using the j5 USB to HDMI as the source?

Explain the HDMI to Displayport cable - is it a capable of either direction of information?  Many will only work DisplayPort to HDMI and not the other way HDMI to DisplayPort.

One last thing - did you install the drivers for the j5 USB to HDMI adapter?

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.