Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
27er Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a 27ER monitor and it works fine. Except it has started to constantly display the Monitor Information screen in the right corner below. Using and pushing the 4 buttons on the right below side of the monitor does not remove this display. Despite pushing the OK or Exit buttons the display of the Information returns after every attempt. This is irritating as it overlaps the actual information on the display. How can I get rid of this Information display? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@andre_wit, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

1. Press the Auto or Autoselect button on the display.

2. Press Menu, and select Factory Reset.

Now, restart the monitor and see if it makes a difference.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer:

Follow the steps below-

1. Press the Auto or Autoselect button on the display.

2. Press Menu, and select Factory Reset

Now, restart the monitor and see if it makes a difference.

I tried that many times, but without success. Pressing the Auto button does not do anything. Nothing happens. When pressing Menu the Information Window shows Mode information but does not show the option Factory Reset (see attachment). Pressing both buttons sometimes shows a choice menu but the with the arrow buttons you are not able to select your choice as it runs quickly from the upper to the lower side of the menu. 

I have switched off power many times in the hope that the Information OSD Menu would stay away and sometimes it is gone for a couple of minutes, but soon it is there again. How can I get rid of the Information Windows permanently? HP Monitor Information Window.jpg

HP Recommended

@andre_wit

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your monitor.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.