Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
p6-2469eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, so I have 2 1920x1080p LCD monitors, and one of them is a HP-Pavilion S2231a, and the other is a 1920x1080p BenQ GL2450. So, I tried powering-on my computer, and I heard it starting up, and I turned my monitor on, and a box poped up on the screen that, which says ''No signal input'', then really fast another message pops up, which says; ''Monitor going to sleep'', and I have tried everything to wake it up, but nothing seems to work... I've tried both of the monitors each, and individually..I've tried replacing both the cables, but so far it's the same exact failure of a result, and also when I connect the power-cord to my PC, and then plug it into the wall outlet, it automatically strats up by itself...Can somebody help me please? I've tried fixing it for two days now, and I feel like I'm hopeless...and yes, the GPU-fan does spin, as well as the other components of the hardware seems to be working just fine...
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

From the support page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-p6-2400-desktop-pc-series/5330783/model/5359743/doc...

That page indicates the PC comes with either Radeon 8750 or a NVIDIA GeForce GT 630.  Either one has a DVI and  HDMI output.  The motherboard has two DVI outputs which are integrated graphics:

*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card or an Intel processor ending with “P” is installed.

I suspect that the monitors are connected to the motherboard outputs instead of the graphics card outputs.

BTW: if the installed graphics card is removed, then the motherboard outputs will become active but at less graphics quality than the card.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Hello! I have the same measages appearing on my computer.

I have a HP 251-a244 Desktop with an HP W2081d Monitor. I never have a problem with it.

Everyday before I leave work I usually SHUT DOWN the computer entirely. Yesterday I accidentally put the computer in SLEEP instead of SHUT DOWN. Today I turned on the hardrive, it turned on. But the monitor did not. When I turn it on manually, it seems like it is going to start but I never get as far as a black screen that says “DVI- NO SIGNAL, VGA- NO SIGNAL, Auto- Switch Source: ON, Default Source- DVI, Recommended Settings- 1600x900-60Hz”

THEN, within 5 seconds it quickly goes to a black screen with the message “Monitor going to sleep” & after 2 seconds the monitor is off again.

WHAT CAN I DO ?? It was perfectly fine yesterday & ot would have been fine this morning if I had just shut it down instead of accidentally clicking “SLEEP”
HP Recommended
The monitor is connected directly to the video-card output, and I have an i5-3350P processor, so basically even removing the GPU would not fix the issue, because I won't have any integrated graphics, but whenever I disconnect the cable from the monitor, it definitely says to plug the cable back in, and then it will say; ''No signal input'', ''Monitor going to sleep'' So, I don't think that the cables are broken or anything, I believe that it has something to do with the PC, and yet doesn't make any beeping, the hard drive makes normal sounds, all three fans do spin, and that includes the GT-630 GPU fan, and the power-supply does give a green light, and the 1x 8GB DDR3 RAM is connected tightly, and has made the '' click'' sound, when you push it in really hard, so I don't really know what the issue could be, and obviously if the Foxconn 2ADA motherboard was dead, it would not even boot up, and probably make some beeping sounds, so I don't know what to do... Why does it even go to sleep?
HP Recommended

Yes, you are correct about there being no motherboard graphics with the "P" CPU.  Under the conditions observed by disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor, it would seem the Graphics card may have failed.  In the first post two monitors were mentioned.  Are they both connected at the same time?  Do they both say there is no signal and go to sleep?

You are probably correct in assuming the motherboard is good, too.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
No, they're not both connected at the same time, I swap them each, and individually, and they both say the same exact thing, so I don't think that it has anything to do with the monitors, cables, but more of a hardware issue I suspect... What happened before this was that, when I restarted my computer, I booted into a ''Screen of death'', where I was only able to see my mouse cursor, but then after a couple of restarts, I finally got into the log-in screen, it got so laggy that it took me 2 minutes just to wait until the password was registered, and when I got onto my desktop, like half of the screen was gone, and I couldn't even get to task manager, so I thought that the file explorer crashed or something, but after a restart, this is what I've been trying to fix for the past three days, it's the ''No signal'' on both the VGA, and the DVI..., but the monitor definitely works, because I see the full BenQ logo, and same with the other one... So, it's definitely not the monitors.
HP Recommended

I suspect there might be a hardware failure but it could be the Windows got corrupted.  When I am not certain whether it is Windows or hardware, I like to boot to a Linux Live CD.  If that works OK, then the problem is with Windows.  If the PC has trouble with the Linux, then hardware has failed.

Ubuntu or Knoppix is good for making a Live CD and booting the PC to that OS.  Find a working PC to make the Live CD and boot to that.  If everything works with that then a reinstall of Windows or a fail hard drive.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thank you for your responses, and I will go ahead and install Ubuntu on a Live CD using a different computer, and open the DVD-drive, and just insert the disk, and see where things go from there. The DVD-drive does open, when I press its button, so that should be a good sign as far as the DVD-drive goes, and I'm sure that the HDD, GPU, RAM, Processor, and as well as the he rest of the computer-hardware is working. Windows 10 is a Spyware anyway, so if this works, which hopefully it does, then it's the beginning of me using Linux, and to start trying out different distros/distributions, and see which one suits the best for my needs, and not to mention that it's open-source, and it will become my ''Personal Computer'' again. It's much more secure, safer, and privacy-friendly anyway, which is a big plus for me. I definitely tried out a couple of the distributions on a Virtual Oracle Box, so for me, it shouldn't be really that bad, and plus, it's better to run the real deal, rather than to run it virtually.
HP Recommended

Glad to hear you are giving it a try.  Let me know how this goes.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my computer right now and i cant seem to figure out what the problem is. Can you tell me what you did to fix it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.