Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 AIO -h151
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC won't turn on.  The power adaptor output is 11.9 v.  Suspect power supply died.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I measured the output voltage myself and it was a nominal 19.5 volts.  Took the PC to an Electronics/Computer center and they confirmed the problem is with the motherboard.  Considering the machine was purchased in late 2014, I accept it's simply at end of life.  Thanx for the suggestions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@caleb1517 -- do you have a friend with a "multimeter" device? It can measure both the Voltage and Amperage being produced by the power supply, to see if your guess is correct.

Can you take your computer to a local computer store, to see if they have a compatible power-supply that can replace yours?  Test it in the store. If the replacement does not solve your issue, you probably have some other problem "inside" your All-In-One.

HP Recommended

I measured the output voltage myself and it was a nominal 19.5 volts.  Took the PC to an Electronics/Computer center and they confirmed the problem is with the motherboard.  Considering the machine was purchased in late 2014, I accept it's simply at end of life.  Thanx for the suggestions.

HP Recommended

@caleb1517 -- I measured the output voltage myself and it was a nominal 19.5 volts. 

Did you also measure the Amperage?  Remember that Wattage is Amperage multiplied by Voltage.

To compare, in a battery, each chemical reaction produces 1.5 V. But, for the battery to be useful, you need literally thousands of simultaneous reactions.

Too bad about the "death" of your motherboard.  So, Windows 11 may be in your immediate future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.