Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pro 3400 mt
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello, when I bought, the gt 1030 the screen was black and my pc was beeping when booted i read that I need to enable the Leagcy support from the bios and disable secure boot but the Secure boot configuration wasn't there? Could someone help me? my mate said that the pc might be too old for the gpu is that the problem? Any help would be appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings Sofyan990,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Your mate is correct.

Your PC does not have a UEFI BIOS. You cannot update the BIOS to a UEFI BIOS.

The Nvidia 700 series, 900 series, and 1000 series graphics cards require a UEFI BIOS.

Tom

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings Sofyan990,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Your mate is correct.

Your PC does not have a UEFI BIOS. You cannot update the BIOS to a UEFI BIOS.

The Nvidia 700 series, 900 series, and 1000 series graphics cards require a UEFI BIOS.

Tom

HP Recommended

Oh ok thanks for that info

HP Recommended

Hi Sofyan990,

You're very welcome.

You would have to look for a legacy Nvidia or AMD graphics card. They are very hard to find.

The Nvidia 600 series and below cards will work in your PC.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.