Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-224 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, tonight I tried to turn my PC on and received the message on my monitor that it was not receiving a signal from my desktop. I have tested the HDMI cord and the monitor and neither are the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this? I cleaned the inside of my PC and my ram card, this did not fix the issue either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
I'm so sorry @JacobMisal 
I did not receive notification of your responses, so I missed it!
Yes, you can try to reconnect the card, checking if your cable is correct, if it does not work, it will need to be replaced.
Please validate the answer if it suits you, as a help
If you need, for the replacement of the graphics card, I invite you to open another thread of discussions, for more clarity

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
one should know if the computer seems to start well or not at all.
There are several possibilities, including:
A problem with the graphics card (if the screen works well with another computer)
A problem with windows, the system does not start, so no signal
Or a big hardware problem, hs motherboard or other
First, turn off the computer
disconnect everything except the minimum, keyboard mouse, and screen
disconnect the computer from the electrical outlet
press the power button for 30 seconds
then reconnect the computer to the electrical outlet then restart the computer
and hit the f10 key several times!
do you have bios display?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I did this and nothing happened when I hit the F10 key, still just a blank screen.

HP Recommended

ok, but we should know if there is a semblance of something ..
Does the computer seem to start?
Do the fans come on normally, not at all?
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15741160/document/c05389962

open the computer, remove the graphics card, and then connect the screen to the port on the motherboard
We will check if the graphics card is not HS ..

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hello, sorry for taking so long to respond. The computer does start. The LED lights and power light on the back light up, and I can hear the fans starting as normal.

I've attached a picture of the graphics card to this post as I am unable to remove it. Is this the screw I need to unscrew to remove it from my motherboard? If so, it is in an impossible position to do so. It is probably only 2 inches from the metal cage, and I cannot fit a screwdriver there to unscrew it. 

Graphics Card.jpg

HP Recommended

Never mind, I managed to remove the graphics card. After plugging in my HDMI cord to the motherboard, I got a signal and can use my computer on the monitor. What does this mean? Is there something I can fix with my graphic card that causes the issue or did it completely break?

HP Recommended

The computer starts as normal with the fans and LEDS on. I removed the graphics card and plugged it into the motherboard slot to use the integrated graphics and the computer work. Does this mean I have to replace my graphics card?

HP Recommended

Hello
I'm so sorry @JacobMisal 
I did not receive notification of your responses, so I missed it!
Yes, you can try to reconnect the card, checking if your cable is correct, if it does not work, it will need to be replaced.
Please validate the answer if it suits you, as a help
If you need, for the replacement of the graphics card, I invite you to open another thread of discussions, for more clarity

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.