Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq1076nr

I recently had my laptop update and not long after I was working on something and received this stop code: "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION." Ever since then, if I turn my laptop off or it goes off after sitting for a period of time, it will immediately start flickering. I will restart it and it will stop when it comes back on. 

There is NO physical damage at all. 

Please help! Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @cbrenee,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing display screen issues with your HP Notebook wherein the screen starts flickering.

Please follow the steps listed below.

- Disconnect all the devices and cables connected to your computer including the power cable and then press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and connect the power cable back again and try to power on the computer.

- Try connecting and external monitor and check.

You may also refer to this document. (Click on the word document to open the web page).

Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

This did not work. 

HP Recommended

Hi @cbrenee,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

As you have already tried the troubleshooting steps, this could be a hardware issue with the unit and may need repair. 

I have sent you a private message with the required information to talk to HP Support. 

In order to access your private messages, click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.