Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Slimline 290-a0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC has HDMI port as does TV.. Previous attempts to get it to work  have not succeeded -  Windows blue logo screen is the only thing that shows up.

HOW can I get the computer  to send the images and sound from  the PC's  HDMI port instead of the VGA port to the TV HDMI input? The TV is not smart  and has no USB port or other of the newer  inputs, so the HDMI is it.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@braxx201

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to connect the computer to a TV.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer working with a monitor?

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The good and the BAD!!!!  HELP HELP HELP

After research, I simply connected the HDMI cable from PC to HDMI port on TV.

The GOOD - the pc screen was completely displayed on the TV  - Success???HARDLY

MY pc monitor in the other room WITH my mouse and all was BLACK.  A restart did nothing, still black.

I turned off the TV. still black.

I had to disconnect the HDMI cable and when I restarted this time, the computer was OK.

Looks like the cart got before the horse.

Are there any settings I can use BEFORE I hook up to the TV to correct thIs so I can "share" the display?

HP Recommended

@braxx201

Are the TV and the computer in the same room?

How long is the HDMI cable?

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The cable is about 6 feet and the TV is behind the wall but what does that matter?

BUT I have a MUCH WORSE PROBLEM! 

After the BIOS update when I turn on the computer, I get message "something happened and your PIN is not available Click to set up your PIN"  The I have to enter my MS pw,  THEN they want to have me enter a code BUT I need the computer to access the email they send!!! A CATCH  22!!!. If I did not have anther device to read my email I would be totally stuck. Have to do this every time I start the computer  The problem may have been  caused by the fact that I now have  an SSD and the BIOS update was geared to my previous hard drive. I could use some PERSONAL help from HP to get this operational again.   I have a Recovery drive but when I plug it in  and open it, it does nothing. It shows 3 files, the first is  EFI but clicking on that or any of the others does nothing.   SYTEM RESTORE has NEVER worked on any of my HP computers either  - that's another issue.

HP Recommended

@braxx201

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I was able to come up with another solution. I  also have an Administrator account on that PC and the other one is subsidiary to that(although it supposedly has Administrator privileges).So all my files were discoverable under the Administrator account.

THEREFOR is there a way to access the account in question and REMOVE the pin # requirement or give me rights to change the Pin permanently ?

HP Recommended

@braxx201

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.