Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
4630 e-All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Printer is new out of the box, the installation went smoothly: prints well, wireless connected no problem. 

Here's what I need a fix for:  LCD screen comes on strong, but within 4 seconds fades out and begins to flicker.  Almost unreadable.

Have tried reset and restart several times with no luck.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally found access to the HP tech support and they were unable to resolve the problem, so back into the box it goes and back to HP for replacement.

Thanks for your assistance. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

First of all check if updated graphic drivers are available for installation. To do this, please follow the steps given below:

- Press ‘Windows Key’ + ‘R’ key on your keyboard.
- Type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the run box and hit Enter.
- Click on ‘Display adapters’ and expand it.
- Right click on display drivers and click on ‘Properties’.
- Click on ‘Driver’ tab and then click on ‘Update Driver’.
- Wait for some time and let the best drivers to be searched and install.

If issue persists, please contact your Monitor manufacturer for further assistance or replacement.

Hope this will help you

HP Recommended

Not the fix I need.  

The faulty display screen is the one on the front of the printer.  Have already downloaded printer drivers... no improvement.

HP Recommended

If you are referring the display problem that is occurring on the control panel of new HP 4630 e-All-in-one printer, so it is recommended to contact HP Support Center because as your printer is in under warranty. Please find the link given below to contact HP:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Hope this will help you.

HP Recommended

I finally found access to the HP tech support and they were unable to resolve the problem, so back into the box it goes and back to HP for replacement.

Thanks for your assistance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.