Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

I have recently purchased a HP Pavilion 24 All-In-One PC and have an issue with my HDMI connection.

When I select HDMI mode to watch TV via Sky (hard HDMI cable connection) the picture and sound are ok initially the I get a notification box stating that the input signal is out of range and the display picture is going to sleep in 30 seconds.

How do I remove this time out for the display picture.

Thank you

Douglas [Personal Information Removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Doug-C1 I suggest you check with an alternate monitor, as it could be the settings on the monitor that's doing this, perhaps, check the settings menu (OSD) for timeout options, and let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Doug-C1 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, I suggest you open windows Control Panel, open Pesonalization, click the Screen saver link in the bottom right and in the following window, adjust the time in the 'Wait' box to a time you want before the screen saver appears and click Apply. Or if you prefer never to get the log-on screen, remove the tick next to 'On resume, display logon screen'. Click Apply to save the change.

Next, open windows Control Panel  again and click Power Options, click the Change plan settings link next to your currently selected power plan and in the following window adjust the time using the drop-down box next to 'Turn Off Display' to 'never' Or Set the time in the Power Options menu to be slightly longer than the time you set in the Screensaver Menu or you will never see your screensaver start, and then click Save Changes

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle

The resolution that you advised did not resolve my problem.

I do not have an issue with the screen display time out or power time out.

The problem is that I have a HDMI cable connection to my PC. When I toggle the switch at the back bottom right corner to select HDMI screen the picture and audio display ok but after a few seconds I get a notification that my display will time out after 30 seconds, When this 30 seconds elapse the screen goes blank but the audio is still ok.

This is the issue I have and I do not know how to remove this time out,

Any more help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Doug-C1

HP Recommended

@Doug-C1 I suggest you check with an alternate monitor, as it could be the settings on the monitor that's doing this, perhaps, check the settings menu (OSD) for timeout options, and let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Issue resolved

Changed frequency on input device.

Thanks for your help.

Doug-C1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.