Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN Desktop PC - 880-150t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I brought LG 5K Ultrafine monitor, and this monitor output is only for type-c thunderbolt. (Sadly I don't have a MacBook and also MacBook can't run my games.) There are two type-c ports on the omen desktop but I think they are SS+ ports, not Thunderbolt.  I found some support on LG website and it says I can get Asus thunderbolt EX for desktop and plug it into TB header port, but I can't find any port inside my desktop which is TB header... First I am confused that I have an HP SPECTRE x360 laptop, which has two type-c port can output video on my monitor but how come my desktop can't. I bought my laptop in 2017 and brought my desktop in 2018. Theoretically, the port on my desktop should be better than my laptop. Second I searched a lot of information on the youtube that people using an adapter(type-c to HDMI) to connect their super old desktop. I bought the HDMI adapter and even the display port adapter, either of them doesn't work 😞  I'm here just for asking anyone have same trouble or who has some other good idea for solving this series problem.  ANY IDEA PLEASE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mike33538

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I understand you are in need of support, As you've performed relevant setup process and still unable to connect the monitor, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mike33538

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I understand you are in need of support, As you've performed relevant setup process and still unable to connect the monitor, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.