Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

The problem went away after the update of the system to Windows 8.1

HP Recommended

I'm not even in standby mode. The DV7 laptop is running, I can hear the fans in the hard disk and such.  I hear the fans going louder, then slowing down. Something is happening because the lights on the computer are flashing.

The screen won't display. It just shows black. I press buttons, the power, mouse, etc. It won't wake. As a last result, I always have to reboot, which shuts down improperly and I get an error when it boots back up. This has been an ongoing issue. I'm running Windows 7 Pro. 

So irritating. Please help!

HP Recommended

If the monitor you are referring to is made by Samsung, the cause of this behaviour is often the capacitors in the monitor's power supply

7 of them should be replaced: four of 820mF 25V; two of 1000mF 16V and one of 330mF 10V.  All are on the power supply board.

Note that the capacitors do NOT need to showing signs of stress (i.e. bulging end caps) to be defective.  Just replace them.

This cause has nothing to do with the computer, the operating system or the monitor driver.  It is entirely a hardware failure

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.