Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
L2245W

I have a HP L2245W which has USB port, DVI and VGA ports. I tried connecting a USB drive loaded with photos and video files but it did not do anything. I would like to use the monitor to display a slideshow loop at certain times of day. What would you recommend is the best way to do this? Would a USB drive work?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello  @Wpp234 

Your HP L2245W is just a monitor. Are you trying to simply put the USB drive into the back of the monitor and have it play the slide show?

If so, it doesn't work that way. You have to have the monitor connected to a computer, and the computer plays the slide show.

Is this what you are asking? Let us know.

HP Recommended

Yes trying to just play a slideshow. We might need to be a media player with a VGA output perhaps. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.