Did you mean: 
Wpp234
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Displaying slideshow or video from USB on Monitor

HP Recommended
L2245W

I have a HP L2245W which has USB port, DVI and VGA ports. I tried connecting a USB drive loaded with photos and video files but it did not do anything. I would like to use the monitor to display a slideshow loop at certain times of day. What would you recommend is the best way to do this? Would a USB drive work?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,291
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello  @Wpp234 

Your HP L2245W is just a monitor. Are you trying to simply put the USB drive into the back of the monitor and have it play the slide show?

If so, it doesn't work that way. You have to have the monitor connected to a computer, and the computer plays the slide show.

Is this what you are asking? Let us know.

0 Kudos
Wpp234
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes trying to just play a slideshow. We might need to be a media player with a VGA output perhaps. Thanks

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation