cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
SwissTre
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Does not detect second monitor

HP Recommended
HP V28 4K Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased two new HP V28K Monitors. I have them both connected to display ports on my docking station but only one monitor will work at a time. Windows will say it can't detect the second monitor even though it will display it as monitor 2. I replaced one of the monitors with my old Acer monitor and they will both work, the new one and the old one with extended display but when I change my old monitor for the new one again, I get the same problem where it won't detect the new monitor. It will only work if I turn the other monitor off. I hope someone can help.

4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,910 64,329 12,563 21,164
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SwissTre wrote:

... I replaced one of the monitors with my old Acer monitor and they will both work, ..

@SwissTre 

What is the resolution of your old monitor ? Looks like two 4K monitors are too much for your machine to display. What is your docking station ? Does it support 2 x 4K monitors ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SwissTre
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The old monitor is 1920 x 1080. The laptop itself is an Elitebook with intel core i7 processor. It’s a work computer and relatively new so I don’t understand why it can’t support two 4K screens. The docking station is a HP docking station. I don’t know what model it is but it has two display ports... no HDMI. My laptop has a HDMI port but I can’t access it when it’s on the docking station.

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,910 64,329 12,563 21,164
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SwissTre wrote:

....I don’t understand why it can’t support two 4K screens. ....

@SwissTre 

I don't know what is your Elitebook with intel core i7 processor. The latest one could be G10 Intel processor with Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 640

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/products/98911/graphics/graphics-for-7th-generati...

As you can see, it supports one 4K monitor, not 2. The dock may help a bit. What is your dock on the following list ?

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
SwissTre
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

It’s the ultraslim docking station.

So if my computer does not support two 4K screens then I purchased one screen too many? Is there any way of getting around it?

BR, TH

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation