Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to hookup a third monitor (HDMI) via the USB-C port. I already tried one adapter, but got a notification saying 'DisplayPort connection might not work. Try using a different cable', and no video. I'm returning that adapter and buying another one - this one specifically says that it needs the USB-C port to support Display Port Alternate Mode. Will it work with the USB-C port on my Pavilion 570-p01c?

Thanx,

Barry

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @barrykel

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to know if you can connect a monitor to your computer using the USB-C port, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

I am unable to pull the specification of your computer with the shared product number. Click here for assistance. 

Request you to provide the exact product number of your desktop for me to able to check the specifications correctly and let you know if that port can support a display. 

Some USB ports are only meant for fast data transfer and do not support displays. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Chimney_83,

Information from the System Information dialog:

Product name : HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0xx

Product number : Z5M32AA#ABA

Serial number : [Personal Information Removed]

Software build ID : 17WW2RST604#SABA#DABA

Motherboard ID : 82F2

Service ID : 20171003

BIOS : F.14-05/22/2017

HTH,

Barry

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the computer details. 

Please click here for the specifications of your computer. 

If you refer to the information under front IO Ports, the USB - C port on the computer is a "USB 3.0-Type C: 1" and not type C thunderbolt. 

Only the type C ports with Thunderbolt will support an external display.

Please click here for the user guide of your computer.

Refer to page number 12-13 for more information on Thunderbolt port to use an external display.

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.