Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omni 27-1010eg Desktop-PC

Hello!
My "HP Omni 27-1010eg Desktop-PC" with the "AMD mobility Radeon HD 5570" graphics card and Windows 10 (64 Bit) can't use the graphics card at all. It used to work under Windows 10.
I have updated the Bios, reinstalled Windows several times, updated Windows, disabled every Antivirus, Firewall and Antimalware program (that I found), and still found no way to install the correct driver for the graphics card.
Neither your Auto Detect Tool nor the manually selected driver, nor the driver selected by the (now disabled) Windows Update, nor any third party driver I could find can be installed without immediately crashing Windows. The only way to use my computer outside of Safe Mode is to either uninstall the amd drivers with DDU or to disable the graphics card in the device manager.
I have also tried to uninstall the driver by using DDU in Safe Mode offline and to try a clean reinstall while still being offline. It doesn't work.
I might have the last working driver on my mobile hard disk backup, but I can't figure out how to identify and use it.

I have followed every guide I could find on the AMD community forums, but nothing worked, and their costumer support has sent me here because they say that a specially modified driver from HP is needed.
Please let me know if you need additional information to help me.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works.

First, uninstall any AMD drivers. and software so you are left with the generic Microsoft Basic display adapter showing up under the Display adapters device manager category.

There may be AMD software also in the Windows control panel>programs. Uninstall that too.

Download and save, but do not run the W8 graphics driver from your PC's support page.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59361.exe

Download and install this free file utility...the 2nd one at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the graphics driver file you downloaded and select 7-Zip from the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp59361).

Once that is done, go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters device manager category.

Click on the Microsoft basic display adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to the sp59361 driver folder 7-zip created>src>Packages>Drivers>Display>W86A_INF>C8145528 (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

After the installation is complete, restart the PC and hopefully the driver will work correctly under W10.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the advice!
Unfortunately, it crashed in any way I tried it. Is there any way to locate the last working driver on my external hard drive?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that approach didn't work.

If you have the driver on a portable hard drive and the setup information file can be accessed by Windows, you can try browsing to where the driver file is located on your portable hard drive from the graphics adapter...select Browse my computer for driver software browse to the portable hard drive folder, make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

When I try this, I just get the message "The best drivers for your device are already installed".
I don't know how to identify the correct old driver to use your previous method of installation.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

HP Recommended

Thank you anyway! 🙂
Do you happen to know how I can ask HP for support? I can't find an email address anywhere, and the virtual assistant can't help me either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.