Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor

I am trying to add a 22cwa to my new computer an HP Elite with an HDMI cable but it says "Check Video Cable!"  I also couldn't connect to my Envy 23.  I can connect to a MAC.  Anyone have any ideas? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

That monitor supports VGA and HDMI, the next thing is what PC model number is the host?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

HP Elite 800

HP Recommended

There is more to that model number than HP Elite 800.  Most in that line have a least a G7 or G3 Etc and whether is it a laptop or desktop.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

It says G6 and it is a Desktop.

HP Recommended

From the various HP Elite 800 G6 models, I looked at the HP Elite 800 G6 SFF, HP Elite 800 G6 Tower, HP Elite 800 G6 Mini

They all have 2 DisplayPort for monitor connections, unless it has a discrete graphics card installed.

The PC came with HP DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter, HP DisplayPort to HDMI True 4K Adapter, HP DisplayPort to VGA Adapter, HP USB-C to HDMI 4K Adapter.

It should be capable to connect 2 monitors using the provided adapters.  How are the two monitors connected? Before the HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor as the second monitor, what connection to the first monitor?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

They are being connected via HDMI to HDMI.

HP Recommended

Sorry - but as I already said that model does not have HDMI out, so unless there is a discrete graphics card present, DisplayPort is the only choice out of the PC.

BTW: are you trying to daisychain the two monitors? Unless the first monitor is designed for that, it will not give the second monitor any image and they will only be the same image, even if it does show something.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.