Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello community, i have hp pavilion 15cc610ms 16RAM, and i was wondering if i duplicate two monitors to my laptop is it by any chance damage graphics card.

(M1 in hdmi port, M2 usb a to hdmi)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Page 15 of the following document shows you can add two monitors one with HDMI the other using USB C

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05641853.pdf

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

right-click on unused part of display. select "Graphics Properties" select "Multiple Displays" check "Clone Displays" then "Select one or more active displays" (i had all 3 showing) Then all 3 displays showed the same screen/image.0 MyCFAVisit

HP Recommended

What @Randy032 wrote is correct.  In addition you can press the windows key + the letter "p"

I just went back to page 15 of that document and re-read the description of the USB-C port.  It states

"Connects to various USB, video, HDMI, and LAN devices"

That is actually suspicious as normally HP documentation fully identifies the USB-C as a thunderbolt port and states that the port supports DP 1.4a (video out)

I do not think that USB-C port can connect to a monitor  unless the USB-C to HDMI cable has an adapter built in which puts into the $60 USD price range.

In regards to your original question the only  problem I see adding additional monitors is when extending the displays and running high refresh rates and a lot of icons on all the screen at 32 bit color and not having enough GPU memory for the graphics card to handle al the displays.  That will not be a problem if the displays are all identical or mirrored.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.