Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 34 Curved display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new Envy 34 Curved display monitor has a build-in camera. Windows does not recognize the camera. I've tried to update to the latest driver without luck. 

Lenovo ThinkCentre M910q

Windows 10 version 1709

Connected with Display Port

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's a bit embarrasing. The camera does not work over the display port, but uses the special USB cable delivered together with the display. Local HP support suggested to mount the cable and immediately the camera worked.

Thanks HP for helping on this. Case is now closed. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

Is it this one HP Z Display Z34c 34-inch Ultra Wide Curved Display connected to a Lenovo ThinkCentre M910q via the display port?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-z-display-z34c-34-inch-ultra-wide-curved-display/7308746/mod...

But I find no mention of a built in Camera.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. No it's this one:

HP ENVY 34-display (W3T65AA)

HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-envy-34-inch-displays/7308754/model/13083195/product-info?sk...

ENVY 34 Curved Display Webcam Firmware Update Tool

1.00 Rev.A0.5 MBJul 27, 2017Download

Windows Hello Webcam Driver for HP Displays

2.00 Rev.A13.6 MBMar 15, 2017Download

W10 v1703 Hello Webcam Driver for HP Displays

2.10 Rev.A7.9 MBJul 20, 2017Download

So what OS are you running, a choice of 2 to suit the W10 version you have?

HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned in my original post, the Windows version is 1709. The 2.10 Rev.A driver supporting v1703 is the latest in your list. I already tried that and it's not working.

HP Recommended

Hi

Try the Lenovo Forum, someone there may have a fix.

HP Recommended

Nothing to be found at Lenovo forum.

Any HP people here who might know if a newer driver is on it's way?

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue. Windows 10 ver 1709 does not recognise that a camera exists.

HP Recommended

It's a bit embarrasing. The camera does not work over the display port, but uses the special USB cable delivered together with the display. Local HP support suggested to mount the cable and immediately the camera worked.

Thanks HP for helping on this. Case is now closed. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

in my case the camera is working but there are build-in diods which don't work and I have no idea how to make it happpen. Moreover, my camera even though better than the logitech I bought several years ago, works much worse. I can't understand it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.