Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 32
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently purchased an HP Envy 32 with B&O audio.  The sound works perfectly fine, but it fades in when audio plays, and the fade takes longer than all system sounds.  if I begin playing music, it takes a couple seconds for the sound to go from nothing to the set volume.  This presents a big problem with system sounds and notifications.  They never play because they are done before the audio has time to fade in.  Is there any way to remove this feature and keep the speakers at full volume?

Audio and video are connected via DisplayPort.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ChadPyle,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand this is an issue with your HP Envy 32 inch monitor. I just wanted you to connect the audio cable to the computer only to check if it's an issue with the Display port and not to connect it permanently.

Please do perform the steps suggested and get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @ChadPyle,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having an issue with Bang & Olufsen. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

When did this start to happen?

Did it happen after an update?

Have you tried connecting to Audio port instead of Display port?

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting this on HP Forums?

Here's a related post which has helped others: Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a monitor, so there is no updates or other changes.  

This behavior has always been this way.  I can hear a small "click" sound when the audio comes on or off.  It is comparable to something going to sleep with no signal, but think of this in reference to the audio amplifier.  

I prefer not to utilize an audio cable if audio is capable of transfer over displayport.  Less wires is better. 

Might this be relatedto the audio hardware? - Intel Display Audio - Perhaps this is something on the source end rather than the monitor?

HP Recommended

Hi @ChadPyle,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand this is an issue with your HP Envy 32 inch monitor. I just wanted you to connect the audio cable to the computer only to check if it's an issue with the Display port and not to connect it permanently.

Please do perform the steps suggested and get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Jeet_singh, utilizing the analog input is a workaround for this behavior, and will have to remain as a permanent solution.  In researching more about Intel's Display Audio, I found that this behavior is configured in the firmware of the chipset and cannot be modified.  This is a terrible design flaw by Intel in my opinion, and will force me to use the analog output in order to hear Windows alerts and notifications.  

I appreciate your timely responses and willingness to help.  

HP Recommended

Hi @ChadPyle, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved using the workaround suggested.

Thanks for your feedback, will keep you posted when a permanent fix is provided by Intel. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.