Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 34 Monitor
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi HP Community!

I've got a 1.5yo HP Envy 34" Monitor that has served me flawlessly up to this point using USB-C.

Now, after I power on the monitor and use it for a while, I start getting horizontal lines that run vertically across the monitor. They aren't there when I power up the monitor after it's been sitting off for a while (i.e. overnight) and then they appear after some use. The longer I use it, I see blurring happen around the lines in the same vertical axis. Now recently I started to notice the monitor flickers occasionally across the bottom horizontal half. If I just turn the monitor off for a short while, the lines do not disappear, and only go away after a long power down.

I suspect it's a problem with the logic board in the monitor and not the panel itself, but this is just a guess.

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

How would I go about verifying the problem and fixing it?

Many thanks!

IMG_4008.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is an image of how it starts progressively getting worse. It first starts with just 2 crisp red and blue lines across the middle, then around them it starts blurring:

IMG_4010.JPG

HP Recommended

@MikkoT,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I see that you are using the HP monitor with a Mac computer. HP monitors are not supported in a Mac environment. However, newer Macs use graphics with VESA modes and can display to most HP LCD monitors. The monitor should operate at 60Hz. The INF and software for the HP monitor are for Microsoft Windows and cannot be run in a standard MAC OS environment

I recommend you connect the monitor to a Windows computer and check or else you can contact support and check the available service options for the monitor.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.