Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 17t-cg000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy will not recognize my second display. The same display still works perfect with my HP Pavilion. I have updated my drivers and cannot seem to find a driver for Westinghouse.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your laptop does not have any outputs but a HDMI, so assuming that is how you connected the monitor.  What input is being used on the monitor?

There should be no need for a driver to allow the monitor to function.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

why post laptops to desktop forum? go back to blue link left and this time click lap.

the port need to be turned on

your manual on this fake desktop (lol) covers how to turn on the external GPU port,   a Fn + fx key pair.

it is in your manual at HP.com RTM

what is the cable there, HMDI ,VGA, DP or DVI?  (manual shows VGA)

the hot key works like this.

internal, external , both and auto , on most laptops on earth and fn keys NOT THE SAME on all.

the auto can fail so we use both or external. see>? 

ask anyone like me with protectors used 1000 of times this, bingo, turn it on first with the HOT KEy

the key on mine is F4 is IT,  the 2 keys at once pushed Fn+ F4 called presentation mode by HP and has key ion of a screen.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

tell helper first

my PC is a laptop (posted to desktops in error)

and model you did

and is 10years old  with that old 5:4 screen, not not 16:9 .

and has VGA port only

and you have not read the manual too see Fn+F4, but oops that old manual skipped those facts, yup , an HP error that.

there is one HP page  at HP those the keys by icon and not the F number.

wow, is that bad.  F4 is it I think and is on all mine here,  HP8540w, retired in the attic for ever.

the book does not cover at all how to use VGA port,  I read it for you and does not. (must be other books that do)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.