Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned my PC on a few days ago and everything was PINK!  All pages, everything was pink, even on the internet.  I have gone through and dissected everything in my Windows 10 settings and even control panel.  I turned off any and all of the extra appearance things that I have previously put in place.   I have tried everything I coudl think of, but nothing helps.

I really don't want to have to do a factory reset, as I have put a lot of work into getting this PC the way I wanted it.

I searched on the DuckDuckGo browser and found a few others with similar problems, but none actually could help this.

Any suggestions?

Open mind Pure intent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TY965 -- everything was PINK

Four things to check:

1. the video-card inside your computer is not generating all three "primary" colours.  So, instead of "white", when all 3 colours are mixed, you get "pink" or "green", when only 2 colours are being sent;

2. try a different cable between your computer and your screen, to ensure that all 3 colours are being transmitted to the screen;

3. try connecting a different screen to your computer;

4 try connecting your screen to a different computer.

Your issue is not likely to be a "software" problem.  So, a "reset" of Windows is not going to solve your issue.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@TY965 -- everything was PINK

Four things to check:

1. the video-card inside your computer is not generating all three "primary" colours.  So, instead of "white", when all 3 colours are mixed, you get "pink" or "green", when only 2 colours are being sent;

2. try a different cable between your computer and your screen, to ensure that all 3 colours are being transmitted to the screen;

3. try connecting a different screen to your computer;

4 try connecting your screen to a different computer.

Your issue is not likely to be a "software" problem.  So, a "reset" of Windows is not going to solve your issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  What you say makes a lot of sense.  I will try to do as you suggest.  I will get back to this post whether I am successful in fixing "my problem" or not!

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

I wanted ti make sure I got backe here to thank you, again, because if not for your suggestions I don't think I would have thought to undo the VGA splitter and take the two monitors that I had on the one computer off and just use the shorter cord to the closest monitor and voila! no more PINK!!  The one monitor was a 32" and I guess sometimes I just need to learn the limitations of these older PC's.

I really appreciate all the great helpful people in this community!!   You and others have saved me SOOOO many times.

I don't see where to check the "kudos" box right now.  Did they remove it or something?

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

@TY965 --  I don't see where to check the "kudos" box right now. Did they remove it or something?

Yes, to the "something" part. The wording now is: Was this reply helpful?

with "yes" and "no" buttons.

So, now there is no way to count the number of "kudos" a message has received. Sigh.

I still think that one of the connections at the end of the video-cable(s) was loose.

So, only 2 out of the 3 "primary" colours was being received by the monitor.

But, it could have been a defective "splitter".

If you switch to use the other monitor, does it work fine?

HP Recommended

Hi again!

No, I haven't tried the other monitor yet.  I am feeling overwhelmed lately with all the technological stuff, and I am still trying to fix another Desktop that I broke.  I am definitely learning the hard way.   but, I do thank you again, because I would never have considered the cables, (I don't know why) as the reason for the problem if not for your help.

I am in no hurry to find out any more at the moment.  There is so much going on in the political arena right now and I am. as always, deeply interested in all of it.

Unfortunately, I KNOW I will be back here on the Community Forum  soon enough with another confusing problem.  I am having those "Senior Moments" more often these days. 

Don't Get Old!!  It's A TRAP!!  I'm stuck in this body and I can't get out!!

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

I wasn't sure where I should ask this question, but figured it anyone were to know the answer, it would be you.

I keep getting this message box on my screen at various times:

Java Web Start 11.301.2.09-fcs

Cannot Determine Valid Java Home.

I don't know what a Java Home is, let alone how to determine a "valid" one.    What does this message mean and how am I to rectify the problem? 

Thank you, for any suggestion you may have.

Taylor

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

@TY965 -- try uninstalling the Java app, restarting your computer, and then reinstalling the Java app (download from www.java.com ).

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!   I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Taylor

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

I just found out from the Java site, that it is the Firefox browser that is causing the problem.  It doesn't support certain Java applets and doesn't interact with the Java Web Start applications once launched.  After clicking on the link to go read all that, I was left with really no where to go. 

I will figure it out, I just wanted to let you know FYI. 

Thanks again.

Open mind Pure intent
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.