Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-k0019na
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased an HP Tablet so I could extend my screen using Duet - however Duet is not installed on my HP Desktop - is the Duet HP App available I am loathed to spend around £2 a month on something I will use infrequently

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have made a double finding!

First - I installed the 'Connect' option through settings and so now when I click it I am informed Windows Tablet is ready for me to connect wirelessly.   So I have an extended screen capability - though there still seem to be occasional glitches with it being 'seen' by my desktop

I also managed to get my Miracast dongle to connect with my desktop and when connected I was able to update the firmware to the more recent and now both Desktop and Laptop can connect to a monitor screen.

Onwards and upwards

Thank you all for comments

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Duet was designed to turn iPad and possibly iPhone into a second display.

From google:  

Is there a free version of Duet Display?
There are more than 10 alternatives to Duet Display for a variety of platforms, including Mac, Windows, iPad, Android and iPhone. The best alternative is spacedesk, which is free.

There are various HP "tablets".  What model do you have?  If it supports Miracast you can connect directly using WiFi.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I think it may be linked to the screen pen - which wasn't in the package so HP are having to send separately.

Maybe £25 per annum is fair enough I'm not sure

I won't worry until I receive the pen

I wondered about Miracast - not sure if its available for Windows 11

HP Recommended

Miracast is featured in windows since 7 as I recall.  Note sure about android.

I have pair of monitors on win11 and used my Surface Pro 4 WiFi to attach using the. MIracast engine. 

Your system will need to support Miracast as described here
https://www.techsolutions.support.com/how-to/how-to-check-if-my-windows-10-pc-supports-miracast-1254....

The below link gives instructions on adding a laptop to desktop using Wi-Fi. 
https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/laptop/laptop-second-monitor-3674679/

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I have made a double finding!

First - I installed the 'Connect' option through settings and so now when I click it I am informed Windows Tablet is ready for me to connect wirelessly.   So I have an extended screen capability - though there still seem to be occasional glitches with it being 'seen' by my desktop

I also managed to get my Miracast dongle to connect with my desktop and when connected I was able to update the firmware to the more recent and now both Desktop and Laptop can connect to a monitor screen.

Onwards and upwards

Thank you all for comments

Alan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.