Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello, I recently bought my laptop about less than 24 hours ago, and the fan is already being loud. I already tried looking it up, and used all the methods. I am quite frustrated with myself about it. I also think it could be that I decided to let it charge on my couch, and blanket. What should I do?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@YojayraV Considering the device is recently purchased, I personally have two options or let's call it two pills for you:

• Blue Pill: Contact the store you purchased the device from and get a replacement HP laptop, 
  • Or the Red Pill: Troubleshoot the issue and if we identify this to be a hardware malfunction, replace it at the store or have it repaired via HP, although this may just fix all the issues, right here, too.

Let me know what you'd like do to,

If you are interested in the blue pill, here's what you need to do:

To resolve issues such as Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.