Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq Pro 6300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello to forum,

My computer is an Hp Compaq Pro 6300 SFF  Serial Number: [edit] Product name : QV985AV 

Here analytic Specs For The Computer and Graphic Cards : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03387773?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0002

My Computer Cpu :  Intel Core i3 -3220 Cpu 3,30 GHZ

Ram : 4 GB

Integrated Graphics : Intel 2500

Power Supply : 240W active PFC

Bios Version: Hewlett Packard K01 v02.90.

SMBIOS Version : 2.7

I wanted to install a discrete video card for this computer.

So i bought a discrete graphic card as was recommended in optional discrete graphic solutions.I manage to find only a refurbished HP nVidia Quadro  NVS 310 512mb 678929-002. 

I placed it and then i connected  a DIsplayPort to VGA adapter to my monitor.I started up my computer and my monitor showed me this message: Not display signal. Then i closed my PC reinstalled the Card and opened again.The same message.Then i decided to disable Intel Graphics via Device Manager To Monitor display settings and restarting the computer.Also the monitor display it does not show me the Card but only the Intel Graphics.The card is actually power up and the GPU fan spinning but i do not know why my monitor does not open and why the monitor display not show me the card i installed.In the end i tried to manage the BIOS settings but i do not have experience about this BIOS . I try to find how to configure in this specific BIOS : display  : Graphic Device  and change to to switchable. but as i saw it has not such an option.

Here is my monitor : 

Dell 22 Monitor: E2218HN

Please help me i do not know what to do... 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to:

Remove the nvidia graphics adapter.

Turn on the PC and uninstall the onboard Intel graphics adapter and driver in the device manager as follows...

Go to the device manager.

Click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Right click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Select Uninstall and also check the Uninstall driver box.

Shut down and unplug the PC.

Install your nvidia graphics card and see if it works this time.

HP Recommended

If this does not work as we expect we could get a black screen right? So the problem would become problems? Also i found out in Hewlett Packard Bios when i go to Computer Configuration (f10) , Device options , the Chart with intergrated video "enabled" is dark colour and i can not change this option.Maybe this is it the problem?

HP Recommended

When you install a PCI x16 video card, the onboard (integrated) video is automatically disabled.

So the integrated video setting should not show as enabled.

Also make sure that you install the video card in the black slot, not the white one that looks exactly the same.

The white slot is a PCIe x4 slot and the black one is the PCIe x16 slot.

HP Recommended

I have installed the card in black slot the PCI x16 . the on board video is enabled instead of disabled as you said.So why its shows to me enabled if it is supposed to be disabled automatically? Maybe i unplugged the card change the option manually to disabled and re installing it ?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have no idea why the BIOS setting hasn't gone to disabled, or what to do about it but that is probably why the card isn't working.

Try resetting the CMOS with the graphics card installed.

See chapter 10, pages 197-198  of the service manual below for how to do that.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04034127

HP Recommended

I tried too but failed...

I updated to windows 10 successfully but the same...Then an update showed up for Intel Graphics win 10/9/8,1.I made it but the same.Then i find out the problem. Is the BIOS. It don't let me use VGA Configuration any option of this chart in advance settings. Also in integrated video i cant choose to enabled or disabled manually. Its locked and in VGA configuration and the integrated video is locked in enabled and i can't change it.I need to change priority to Video graphic card as i always do but i can't.The only solution i can think up is to delete the current bios entirely and replace it by a new one close up to the current BIOS but i am afraid this make my boot start up "broke".Can you suggest me a different BIOS that can operate to my system? My motherboard is : 

Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard 

Model : 399A

Chipset : Intel            Bridge : Ivy            Rev. : 9

Southbridge : Intel                ID1E48              Rev.  : 4

LPCIO :  SMSC

Bios Version: Hewlett Packard K01 v02.90.

SMBIOS Version : 2.7

HP Recommended

There isn't a different BIOS you can install.

Your only option would be to update the BIOS, and since none of the BIOS updates were written to be run in W10, I suggest that you use the F10 BIOS flashing method to update the BIOS.

Since you are at version 2.90, you have to first update the BIOS to v2.99 and then you can update to one of the 3.xx versions.

When you run the BIOS update file, an information page will open.  Read the instructions under the F10 BIOS setup flashing method.

You will need a USB flash drive to copy the contents of the DOS flash folder to. 

First format the flash drive with the FAT32 file system.  Then copy the file contents of the DOS flash folder to your USB flash drive.

Restart the PC, Tap the ESC key to get the menu of options, select the F10 BIOS setup option.

Select the File tab>Flash System ROM command.   Select the USB flash drive.

The PC should 'see' the BIOS files on the flash drive.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the BIOS.

I must say that I will be shocked if updating the BIOS resolves the problem you are having.

HP Recommended

OK i got a 64gb usb which i can use for the job right now.I think i could give it a try... anyway if this last option does not work i will need a technical support by a certified programmer.But 1st i would ask you...if the update of BIOS failed...i will be able to reinstalling the previous version with the help of a technician - programmer? This could cause serious damage to motherboard? Here what i found on the internet:

Be sure to download BIOS update for the exact model of the motherboard that you’re using.

Installing the wrong version of BIOS on your motherboard can cause damage, so be extra cautious while downloading new version of BIOS.

Almost all versions of BIOS have update notes available on the download page so you can easily see what issues does the update fix.

Could you send me an official link of this Version of BIOS : Hewlett Packard  K01 v2.99 

HP Recommended

OK i updated to v2.99 Still nothing. i Will call a programmer so we can fix it together thank you for assistance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.