Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp elitedesk 705 g3 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Elitedesk G3 SFF AND I WANT TO KNOW UPTO HOW MUCH MAX GRAPHICS  MEMORY AND GDDR IT CAN SUPPORT and can it support gddr6 graphics card or ddr5 gtx 1650 it has amd a10 9700 r7 processor and motherboard 2016 bios hp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jotsangha,

Lest I forget to answer your other question: a Nvidia GTX 1650 graphics card has a published minimum power supply requirement of 300 watt. You may (big may!) get away with perhaps a 240-watt power supply, but it would definitely be on the very edge of power delivery.  You have a 200-watt power supply.  Limits your options.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jotsangha,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Small Form Factor Business PC is fitted with a 200-watt power supply according to

HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Business Desktop PC Specifications | HP® Customer Support.

To cut to the chase, if this were my upgrade project, so to speak, I would seriously consider this graphics card: the ‎Nvidia RTX T600.

Why?

It is one of the very best low power, low profile graphics cards suited for 180/200-watt power supplies, and sports 4GB of GDDR6 RAM and consumes less than 40 watt of power.  It has 4 Mini DisplayPort 1.4 (mDP 1.4) display connectors, so you probably would need an mDP 1.4 to DP 1.4 (or HDMI) video cable to your monitor.

They are available online, and recently have come down considerably in pricing.  For example, you can get one as low as $227 via Amazon (look at: "Save with Used - Like New") here: https://www.amazon.com/PNY-NVIDIA-Video-Graphic-VCNT600-PB/dp/B09G1YYVH8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3PX65VYPUI7....

There are some other noteworthy/fine graphics cards compatible with your 200-watt PSU & SFF case, see: Top 4 Best Low Profile 200W PSU Graphics Cards That Can Fulfill - Netkibaten.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@Jotsangha,

Lest I forget to answer your other question: a Nvidia GTX 1650 graphics card has a published minimum power supply requirement of 300 watt. You may (big may!) get away with perhaps a 240-watt power supply, but it would definitely be on the very edge of power delivery.  You have a 200-watt power supply.  Limits your options.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you so much 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much

HP Recommended

@Jotsangha,

You are quite welcome -good luck!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.