Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion power 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

One of my HDMI IN ports on my HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-023w is not working for my dual monitor set up. Both of my monitors are Acer S271HL GBIDX. I see 3 HDMI In Ports, but it seems like only one of them is working properly.

Is there any way I can make all 3 or at least 2 of them working properly? Of course, I tried to go on "Project to a second screen" and chose "Duplicate" but still did not work.

Also, unlike other windows 10 explanations online, I am not able to adjust my monitor brightness nor see "customize your display" or " Multiple Displays." How can I change my desktop setting as all others online?

to contact HP for support.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your desktop's video input configuration is Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + DisplayPort as delivered. 

The two HDMI inputs at the rear of the motherboard are disabled and currently not usable because there is a PCIe x16 video card installed.

your-mobo.png

You can use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter at the DisplayPort input of the video card to achieve two HDMI inputs.  You can purchase an adapter of this kind from an online PC component vendor, a Walmart, or a BestBuy amongst many other sources. 

USB  3.1 Type-C to HDMIUSB 3.1 Type-C to HDMI

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Your desktop's video input configuration is Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + DisplayPort as delivered. 

The two HDMI inputs at the rear of the motherboard are disabled and currently not usable because there is a PCIe x16 video card installed.

your-mobo.png

You can use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter at the DisplayPort input of the video card to achieve two HDMI inputs.  You can purchase an adapter of this kind from an online PC component vendor, a Walmart, or a BestBuy amongst many other sources. 

USB  3.1 Type-C to HDMIUSB 3.1 Type-C to HDMI

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

how do you enable them ? 

HP Recommended

Hi Sora I have the exact same machine purchased from Walmart I bought the machine to use an Oculus Rift on and for some reason the HDMI ports didnt work only the HIDMI to the video card after searching for the problem I couldnt find a solution so thats whwn the IT in me kicked in so what I did is went inot bios and enabled them they are disabled by default since an NVIDIA Geforce card is instaled and the great part is the fact that there is an Intel video card built onto the board 

HP Recommended

It's been a year can someone answer this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.