Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop TP01-1036
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HDMI Video display on my TP01-1036 is not working properly. 1 inch of  the outside of the display is not visible which makes the task bar not visible along with the left side icons are missing. The displayed picture is too large for the screen. I have the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and updated the driver to 27.20.100.8783 and it did not help. I am using a HP 2310m monitor and have tried my neighbors monitor as well as my Sony TV same results. I tried a USB to HDMI adapter and the screen displays normal but the onboard HDMI remains enabled without any way to disable it in BIOS. This makes some applications invisible as they open on that adapter with no monitor.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Timbo4570 

Looks like the problem is something to do with scaling. Please try (TV, same for monitors).

https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-overscan-on-tv/

You can also adjust from TV. Some TV's have this scaling option.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don't know about yours, but there is a video control panel that is an App outside Windows - go through the Start Menu to look for it.  It's either HP or AMD or Intel, that controls the scaling of the HDMI output.  This is not on the manual or help and I used my monitor like you did for 3 months before stumbling upon the video control app.  It's a separate app that fine tunes the HDMI or DigiPort signal.  You cannot change it in Windows or on your monitor.  It has to do with the graphics processor output.  HP documentation is not helpful in this regard at all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.