Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am sure that got your button to work, but not your sound?

HP Recommended

So has anyone located these files online? I don't like the idea of going to a BestBuy with a thumb drive and copying stuff 😞

HP Recommended

you can download my display from hp but it won't fix your sound

HP Recommended

Follow-up:

After reinstalling the HP My Display Driver, the button stopped working, the very next day.  I tried to reinstall the driver, as I had before, but, this time, it did not fix the problem.  I wound-up doing numorous tech support calls with both HP and Microsoft, none of which, were able to resolve the problem.  I wound-up reformatting my computer, to factory settings, 5-times.  Two of those times, it did not resolve the problem, and the other times, it only solved the problem, for a few hours, before the button and HDMI input would stop responding.

At this point, HP said it was a hardware defect, and asked that I return the computer to be repaired, but I was quoted a time period, that extended past the 30-day return period, so I opted to return the product, for a full refund.  Today, I recieved my full refund.

Its obvious, from this and multiple other complaints, that this is a known issue, that is both software and hardware related, with both the 23xt and the 27xt.  Any driver fixes, are just temporary.

Also, this is not exclusively a Windows 10 driver compatibility issue.  I've experienced this problem, on both Windows 8.1 (Which came with the computer) and Windows 10, so regardless of whether or not you upgrade to Windows 10, you will experience this issue.  Furthermore, I got ahold of someone, in tech support, at HP, who said that she had recieved numerous calls, about this issue, so its a known issue, amongst HP's tech support, on these models.

If you are past the 30-day return period, and that is no longer an option, and if you do not wish to sell your computer and get a different one, may I suggest you research Video Capture devices. There are devices, marketed towards professional video editors, that offer HDMI input, and convert it to USB.  I beleive Pinnicle makes one, for around $100.  This is an external device, and it uses the Video Capture manufactorers software, to capture the signal, but it may be a way to display an HDMI Input signal, full-screen.  Personally, this just wasn't a good option, for me.  So, i wound-up returning it, because I was within the 30-day return period.

On one last note, HP is a good brand.  I've had many HP computers, over the years, and I trust this brand.  This particular computer was a lemon, but HP, as a whole, is a decent company, that makes quality products.  I did hear about a new computer, that has a 23" display called the HP Sprout.  Its more expensive, but it looks like a good replacement, for the HP Envy Recline 23", if you want to stay with HP, and that screen size.

https://sprout.hp.com/us/en/

Personally, I'm leaning towards a competator's computer.  Out of respect for HP, won't mention that competators name, nor model number, here, but if you wish to stay with HP, I'd recommend the HP Sprout.

HP Recommended

Well that's very disappointing. I work for hp (different division) and would hate to have to consider a D or L computer... but if they can't fix this, then as consumers we do have other choices.

This particular feature of one-button input for an external hdmi signal (shared by the previous TouchSmarts) makes this THE PERFECT computer for a kitchen application. I've used a TouchSmart for 3 years and now the Envy Recline for over a year now in the kitchen and it's been perfect.

I hope the PSS Category team is watching this space.

HP Recommended

I've looked around at a few other similiar posts, It seems even with level 3 tech support the problem wasn't fixed. I can't seem to tell if its a driver issue or a problem with the HP My Display app. Either way it doesn't seem like they care much about providing a solution. I know HP has responded to a few people saying they don't support computers that have been upgraded. 

HP Recommended

Has anyone found a solution yet? this is ridiculous!

HP Recommended

well if you have an xbox one you can stream to the pc via the xbox app.

HP Recommended
Nope i haven't found one ! There is a update right now that I am hoping works
HP Recommended

where is there an update?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.