07-05-2016 10:07 AM
Envy 23 Recline here ...
Getting the "hurry, it's your last chance for free Win10 upgrade" messages. So I did it (again, 6th time now!).
This time, however, I cloned the hard drive before upgrading so I could go back quickly. Good thing, as yet again, NO AUDIO FROM HDMI INPUT.
Made sure all Win updates were done.
Made sure to update HP MyDisplay.
***NOTHING IN THIS LONG THREAD WORKS***
Dish receiver via HDMI only shows video.
Swap back to Win 8.1... all works again.
As I said before, I'm an HP employee ... and this is embarassing and frustrating.
I'll keep the Win 10 upgraded hard drive handy so at least I won't have to pay the upgrade charge down the road if and when this ever gets fixed. Given how long this has been going on, I suspect I'll have my next computer by then. And truthfully, I'm not at all sure it will be an HP.
07-05-2016 10:23 AM
there's no driver update for the side hdmi port that fixes audio. I've been watching this forum for about a year now so I'm very confident there never will be a driver update to fix the audio issue. I have a 2nd gamer PC and I connect it to my HP Envy via the hdmi port. then I just connect headphones to my pc's audio jack and use it that way :). Sucks that the audio doesn't work but I've accepted the fact that HP (or more accurately the 3rd party vendor Portrait Displays, which makes the HP My Display driver) will never fix this.
07-05-2016 11:10 AM
Based on how long this has been going on - and my experience with the earlier version TouchSmart ... I think you're right.
Systems were sold with a promise of "upgrade for free to Windows 10" but when a key feature (in my case, the main feature why I bought this unit ... this allows the unit to be both a TV and computer) is disabled, not cool.
07-05-2016 08:03 PM
So I've been looking at what to do next ... computer in kitchen _MUST_ accept input from our cable box, and dual-function as a TV/Computer.
I can keep this system working with Windows 8.1 for as long as it continues to function... but apparently this is the end.
SO... looking at all of the other lovely alternatives out there, and there are a few...
Really sad that what seems like a simple driver fix will drive this HP EMPLOYEE to buy Dell or Lenovo.
06-29-2017 07:35 PM
The reason I revive this thread is because I'm finally able to use the HDMI input in my Envy 27 with Windows 10 with full functioned video + audio.
At first, using step 1-5 below, I was able to show the video using HDMI-in on my Envy27, but no audio was heard.
I went back to the desktop and then continued on step 6-9. While the Envy27 seems not responding at first, I waited and when the Beats Audio Sound Manager is displayed, I clicked on the playback device and start the step 1-5 again.
This time, the video and the audio was run smoothly on the Envy27
Here are the steps;
1. Make sure you use latest windows 10 version, I'm using Windows 10 Pro v1703
2. Install all the latest driver from HP, I'm using all the driver on hp support page for Envy 27, make sure your Beats Audio device are recognized and the Beats Audio icon on the notification area is on
3. Download and install the latest HP My Display, go to http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpo/enu/upgrade_instructions.html and follow the instructions
4. Put your HDMI cables on, turn on your device, try to play anything, and then push the HDMI input button on your Envy 27, It should shows the image from your device
5. If you hear anything from your Envy, you're done, but if not, try the next step below,
6. Go back to your desktop
7. Do the right click on beats audio icon on notification area and choose on Sound Manager
8. On Advanced Settings Tab, make sure you Enable Playback Multi-Streaming
9. On Volume Tab, try to click each checkboxes on Playback Devices and play with the slider until you hear the sound. Mine is showing Speakers and Communication Headphones.
10-13-2017 07:50 PM
Raising the dead on this topic again 🙂
I finally gave up - nothing worked and I moved the Envy 23 to another use -- and went ahead and bought a Pavillion 24-r025m.
IT WORKS - Windows 10 + hdmi sound input = happy household.
I started another thread abotu the niggling issues with volume controls over on the hardware forum, but wanted to come back here and say that at least on the new machines, they have it fixed.
And I stayed in the HP family 🙂 the new Pavillions look amazing - far nicer than any of the alternatives. And great sound, too!