3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HDMI port Covered

HP Recommended
Hp pav Gaming 690-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im trying to set up multi displays and on one my hdmi ports has a black plastic piece covering it. I dont know if its there for a reason or how to remove it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,361 122,538 20,149 30,904
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is interesting, because the specs for the card indicate that there is one HDMI port, and  + 3 DisplayPorts

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why the other port on the graphics card would be covered.

I suppose you could remove the cover and see if you get any video output from it.

Usually a video port is covered on the video out on the motherboard when a PC comes from the factory with a graphics card.

Since the specs state your PC's motherboard has no onboard graphics, there would be no video out port to be covered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewMitosis
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And i opened up my computer and i can see there is an HDMI port behind the cover.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs for your PC, it comes with an AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06124757

The specs indicate that there is no onboard video in the Sunflower motherboard, so I have no idea why there is a HDMI port being covered.

I can tell you that as long as a graphics card is installed, the onboard graphics is disabled.

The specs for the installed card indicate that it supports multiple displays.

Look under the specs section for the video card.

0 Kudos
AndrewMitosis
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes there is 2 HDMI ports and i can connect to one of them but the other has a cover on it. The one through the mother board is the one thats not working.... Nor is the VGA port through the Mother board.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is interesting, because the specs for the card indicate that there is one HDMI port, and  + 3 DisplayPorts

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why the other port on the graphics card would be covered.

I suppose you could remove the cover and see if you get any video output from it.

Usually a video port is covered on the video out on the motherboard when a PC comes from the factory with a graphics card.

Since the specs state your PC's motherboard has no onboard graphics, there would be no video out port to be covered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation