Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24ES
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Most of my HP24ES monitor buttons are not working, only the menu buttons works, the rest of the buttons does not do anything. Of course I tried to disable and enable the On-Screen Menus, that does not help. 

I noticed this because when my monitor went to sleep mode, it keeps flickering (on and off), so I tried to reset the monitor. That did not work.

I tried the suggestions in the same HP 22ES topic (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-22es-Monitor-Buttons-not-Working/td...), but power off for 10 seconds etc, does not work.

Is this a case for warranty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@OlafN,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

It looks like a hardware issue, I recommend you contact HP phone support to check the available service options for the monitor.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@OlafN,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the monitor buttons are not working.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the monitor buttons were working fine?
  • Is the display working fine on the monitor?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps to unlock the OSD lockout and check if it resolves the issue.

Press and hold the Menu button on the bottom side of the front bezel for 10 seconds to disable the OSD Lockout function.

This should do the trick for you. If the issue persists I recommend you contact HP phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to “Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options”

Scroll down and click on HP contact options – click on Get phone number.

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That did not help, can it be a Microsoft problem, because an update of Windows  saved my day. The on/off button is working again for now. It was not the OSD lockout... Can this problem return?

At this moment almost all buttons are working, only not the second button (arrow down)?

HP Recommended

@OlafN,

It looks like a hardware issue, I recommend you contact HP phone support to check the available service options for the monitor.

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I returned it to the shop and I will have to wait up till 15 working days for the answer. Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@OlafN,

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I received a new screen yesterday, thanks for the quick responses and the perfect solution!

HP Recommended

@OlafN,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem now. Tried all sorts of stuff. exact model, on an up to date macbook pro... ive had this problem almost the whole time ive had the monitor (about a year).

HP Recommended

@bixter If there are any physical damages, the buttons would requires a repair/replacement, if not, please try the below steps to attempt a fix:

Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:

Ensure your device is OFF.

Unplug all the external devices (If any).

Disconnect the power from the computer

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

Connect the power supply

Press the power button to turn on your device.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.