Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 24x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently set up my HP 24x monitor. 

When using the Display Port cable, the monitor goes black after a few minutes (2-3) of inactivity.  I am unable to wake the monitor with the mouse or keyboard.  The only solution that works for now is to unplug then re-plug the Display Port cable.

I have tested using an HDMI cable - and the monitor goes to sleep much later (10 minutes as I have set in the settings), and is able to wake with mouse movement. 

Do you know what could be the problem and solution? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RobertManalo Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the HP 24x Monitor not waking from sleep when using Display Port Cable.

let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the Monitor: 

Cycle the power on the monitor as follows:

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on.

2. Unplug the power cord.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

4. Plug in the power cord.

5. Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Uninstall the display drivers from device manager and then update the drivers:

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from the support website.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Alternatively, you can go through the steps suggested in the support document for - HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out ...

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you.

I took a closer look at the Displayport cable, and it looked to be damaged, so I've ordered a replacement to see if that will help.

In the meantime, do you suggest I still apply the steps you listed above?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@RobertManalo

Thank you for the update.

I would suggets you wait for the cable. Then connect and check.

If you have any issues, please get back to us.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you.

New cable arrived and everything works now.

HP Recommended

@RobertManalo

Thank you for the update.

We are happy to hear the issue is resolved.

In the future, if you have any other concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.