Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 23-r110 (ENERGY STAR)
Ubuntu LTS

Dear Community,

We received several 23-r110's AIOs as donations.  I have 3 or 4 that are specc'd exactly the same.   

Pentium  G3260T @2.90Ghz, 8GB DDR3L, Intel HD Graphics (HSW GT1)

We originally imaged them with windows 10 but the last update (21H2) degraded the performance of the machines  to the point of them being cumbersome to use.  The displays on all machines were fine. (clear and crisp).  We have now turned to our staple,  our legacy image of xutbuntu 20.04 from our clonezilla server.  One unit's display is clear and sharp.  I have 2 units that the screens' are legible but fuzzy. 

I have changed:

Upgraded the 2 fuzzy machines to the latest bios, no change.  I reduced the display resolution from 1980x1080 @120hz to 1600x900 @59hz.  The is a signifigant improvement, but only makes the units usable. So we I have tried tweaking font size, scaling and there is no improvement.  Has anyone encountered this on this model? In General?  I ask, because,  from previous experience as a former traveling break/fix technician,  I have experienced, displays that fit but were for the wrong application and the machines were unusable as were 'fixed'.  This is perhaps what I am suspecting here.  However, since they all had no issues with Win 10, a change in installed display from factory or replacement displays that meet spec for Windows but does not work with the Xserver drivers.  Any Suggestions? Solutions?  Short of me disassembling two units to examine the lcd panels to find a culprit.

Best Regards,

T

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.