Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New HP Elite800 not detecting second LG Monitor. The LG monitor and HDMI cord are in working order. I have tested on my HP laptop and it connects the LG Monitor immediately. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Asha10 -- try this:

1. hold-down the Windows key (bottom-left of your keyboard);
  2. tap the "P: key;
  3. release the Windows key.

Does this show a menu, with items like "duplicate" and "extend" and "only internal screen" ?

If you choose "duplicate", what shows on the second screen? Anything?

Also, if the monitor has multiple video-inputs (VGA? DVI? DisplayPort? HDMI?) you will need to use the OSD (On Screen Display) buttons to tell the monitor which of these sources is to be the "active" source.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried "Windows + P". I can click between the options but nothing changes. 

"On-Screen Options" also doesn't change anything. My HP Envy laptop and All in One Pavillion pick up the LG Monitor immediately when I plug it in using the HDMI port. 

Is it possible for some reason the new Elite wouldn't work using HDMI when the other devices do? I can try using VGA or other inputs but it seems unlikely that is the problem when the monitor works on the other devices using HDMI 😞

HP Recommended

@Asha10 -- Is it possible for some reason the new Elite wouldn't work using HDMI when the other devices do?

Yes, that does seem to be what is happening.

I can try using VGA or other inputs but it seems unlikely that is the problem when the monitor works on the other devices using HDMI

What video-outputs does your new computer have? It cannot "hurt" to try using the other video-output ports, if it results in a "proof" that there is something wrong with your new computer.

Or, does your computer have more than one HDMI video-output port? 

If so, have you tried connecting your HDMI cable to the other port?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.