Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (177 Views)

HP Elite Slice power supply via USB Type C

Product Name: Elite Slice
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an LG 27UD88 screen that is able to deliver 60 W of power via the USB Type C cable. When I connect my HP Elite slice to the screen, the power button is blinking several times red and several times white. Why is the computer not booting when I try to turn it on ? It only works with the supplied power adapter. Smiley Sad

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (161 Views)

Re: HP Elite Slice power supply via USB Type C

From the HP Slice Hardware Reference guide guide: ( on the bottom of page 11)

Power sources not obtained from HP will be rejected

If I was able to help you or guide you on your way to resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (146 Views)

Thanks for your answer BUT THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SAID IN THE COMMERCIAL DOCUMENTS for the HP Elite Slice that non HP screens would be rejected. It was just said that it is possible to power the machine with the USB Type C connection and a screen with such a connection. Smiley Sad

USB Type C is an industrial standard, so why rejecting other firms compliant connections? Smiley Wink This is not an honest sales behavior.

By the way, the machine is only 4 months old and the motherboard had already to be replaced after nearly 2 weeks of out time (whilest HP gives me a 48 hours on site repair guarantee)... Smiley Very Happy 2 weeks is far from 48 hours ! There are still another 20 months of guarantee left, but I doubt that with all those issues, I will be brave enough to buy another HP computer. Smiley Wink

Finally, all the people around me have quality problems with their HP computers (desktops as well as laptops). I think I would rather go for an ASUS next time, never had an issue with those machines. Smiley Wink

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (137 Views)

Usng a device for power that is non-HP is exactly what you are doing when you connect the screen via USB-C.  YOu know it is.

What I provided to you is a document that HP published.

You can say it isn't so all you want, but that does not change the written word.

That is my last word in this discourse. Have a nice life.

If I was able to help you or guide you on your way to resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (134 Views)

I don't contest the fact that it is an HP document BUT I CLEARLY STATE that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SAID IN THE COMMERCIAL DOCUMENTS that are shown to the customer before sale ! Smiley Wink

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation