Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-215xt with integrated Intel HD 6400 graphics
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 700-215xt desktop with integrated Intel HD 6400 graphics. This has a dual channel DVI-D connector which should be capable of 2560x1440 resolution. However,  when I connect it to my new HP Z27n G2 monitor (2560x1440 max resolution) via DVI-D dual link cable, I only get 1920x1200 resolution. What gives? The monitor has all kinds of inputs but I am limited by the PC which only has VGA and DVI-D outputs. Are there any DVI-D to HDMI/USB/Displayport adapters that will allow me to get 2560x1440?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@terrys1000

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that.AMD Radeon HD Max Resolution Details. DVI: 2560 x 1600 Video. Video Output. graphics adapter. Graphics Processor. AMD Radeon HD 6450.

This depends on the type of DVI connectors you have. With single-link DVI, you can get resolutions essentially up to 1920*1200. To get to the 2560*1600 resolution you would need to have dual-link DVI connectors. And the correct cables of course.

Adjust the monitor resolution setting in Windows:

• 1. Right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then click Screen resolution.
  • 2. Select the resolution from the drop-down menu.
  • 3. Click Apply, and then click Keep changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in the OP, I have integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics and not AMD Radeon. The Intel 4600 does have a DVI-D dual channel connector, but I suspect it does not output a dual channel signal (2560x1440). This is on a Pegatron Memphis-B MB. I have it connected to an HP HP Z27n G2 monitor (2560x1440 max resolution) via DVI-D dual link cable, but I only get 1920x1200 resolution.

HP Recommended

@terrys1000

Thank you for posting back.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks but I am out of warranty and so don't think I'm eligible for remote support. Can you just confirm... what is the maximum resolution of the HP Envy 700-215xt with integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics with the DVI-D dual channel output?

HP Recommended

@terrys1000

Here is the maximum resolution available on your Intel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2) (Combined with the processor) Max Resolution (DP) 3840x2160@60Hz Max Resolution (VGA) 2880x1800@60Hz.

And, also you can Visit Intel website to know more graphic information. 

1. Visit the product specification site.
  2. Search for your processor model. If you don't know your model number, you can use the Intel® Processor Identification Utility.
  3. Under the Graphics Specifications section, find the maximum resolution supported by the graphics controller included in that processor.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. Using the first link you provided, I was able to determine the following maximum resolutions for my Intel Core i7 4770 (Haswell) processor with integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics:

Unfortunately, it still doesn't answer my question regarding DVI-D. I believe the answer is, although this PC has a DVI-D dual channel connector, the system is only sending a single channel output (1920x1200).

HP Recommended

@terrys1000

Are you sure that the DVI port on your computer is dual-link? If yes, how did you check?

The DVI dual-link can display a resolution of 2560 x 1600. If your computer has a DVI dual-link port then, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Found this on the Intel forum. Perhaps this will help others in this situation:

"The Intel HD Graphics 4600 controller supports the 2560x1440 resolution, but in a Windows* environment this is possible only via DisplayPort (DP) and HDMI outputs, as the graphics drivers we provide support DVI Single-link rates only."

As for me, I picked up a used GeForce 640 GPU for $30 which support 2560x1440 (via DVI-D). Works like a charm.

HP Recommended

@terrys1000

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.