Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought an HP Envy; do not understand the keyboard layout.

Shift plus a number key

Does not give the standard QWERTY result; instead I'm seeing the @ symbol - this is the one I'm chasing the most - appear with different shift combinations--I never know where it will show up.  Very frustrating.

Windows display language setting is En-IL (English with Hebrew)

For keyboards I am trying to get English (United States) - says @Language Pack Available@ (that is the  keyboard typing the wrong character) but the option to install is dimmed as you can in the screengrab below:

image.png

In addition to my shift + key woes when I type a sentence in English with an exclamation point at the end, the exclamation point moves to the beginning of the sentence, on the left (as though I am typing in Hebrew). This happens even when I change the default font (inexplicably this is Myriad Hebrew) to a western font, like Calibri. I'm trying to type Umbrellas up exclamation point - yes I actually GOT an exclamation point, but look where:

image.png
Character setting are English, justified left, font is Calibri - no reason for this to happen that I can see.

Please, please, I am losing it here. Can anyone explain how to solve either or both of these problems?
Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @kk_tlv

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to change the keyboard layout on your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer?

Please follow the procedure suggested in this Article and let me know if this helped. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @kk_tlv

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to change the keyboard layout on your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer?

Please follow the procedure suggested in this Article and let me know if this helped. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THanks very much. I had already added and installed the languages I needed,  and had them in the correct order. I just couldn't understand why the layout wasn't stable - it kept changing. Now I understand that it might have been because I was hitting the Windows+Spacebar combination, and switching the keyboard layout--I'm used to using Alt+Shift to switch between languages, but didn't know about the Windows + spacebar combo.

Anyway, it seems to be working fine, now @@@@ """"""" :)))))

Thanks muchly,

K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.