Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul. Unfortuantley that didn't work either.  I did read in a different post that I should also update HP MyDisplay.  When I re-installed Windows, all the HP programs were not installed as I did not use the original HP media (it was Windows 7). Could the MyDisplay software be the answer? If so, where can I find this? I searched the HP site and couldn't find the software.

Thanks,

Trent

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work either.

I don't know where you can find that software directly from HP

I did find this link and downloaded the file. 

Seems safe to me (scanned the file for viruses), but I highly doubt that is going to resolve the issue, after reading what it is for.

https://www.updatestar.com/directdownload/hp-my-display/2317604

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link, that didn't work. 

I did come across  an HDMI In Scalar Board Firmware update

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66197.exe

That didn't work either.

I know there is a solution out there as it worked on Windows 10 before the reinstall. Very frustrating.

Thanks,

Trent

HP Recommended

Sorry that I wasn't able to help you with getting the HDMI port to work, but unfortunately, I have completely run out of ideas.

HP Recommended

I got it!

I uninstalled, and deleted drivers, from within Device Manager.  I did this for the Nvidia and the Intel HD Graphics drivers. I had no Display Adapters within Device Manager. Rebooted and everything started working. Going into Device Manager afterwards, both the Nvida and Intel display adapters were reinstalled.

Some very strange behaviour indeed.  This can be closed. with this post being the resolution.

Thanks,

Trent

HP Recommended

Hi, Trent:

Glad you got it to work.

I had no idea the PC also had the Intel HD graphics adapter.

The Intel graphics adapter is what drives the HDMI port.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.